Tuesday, June 8, 2010


I went to the doctor the other day to have my skin allergy checked, I have been suffering this allergy for almost two years now and since it doesn't bother me at all( except that it itched sometimes) I never bothered to have it checked up by a doctor, plus I know that it'll cost money and during that time i do not have enough to cover that.
Early this year my Husband keeps on telling me to go to the Doctor since the aftermath of the itching is more apparent now, it had created a visible scar on my arms and legs, and there is a scattered redness on my skin which is not a good site look at, that is why I decided to go to the doctor.
I went their early morning , only to discover that there were a lot of patients waiting,( I was one of them), the clinic hours starts at 9am, we were there by 8am and was shocked that I was listed at #30! Can you imagine that, we waited until lunch before we went in to see the doctor.
Finally, after so many hours of waiting, it is my turn to see the doctor.
The doctor is in his early 50's (I think) and he was not as friendly as I thought he would be, I have been into so many doctors but never met someone as strict as him...but it suits me..He is the one who knows how to treat me...lol
The advice that he had given me was to perform a Biopsy to know the cause of the allergies and so it was done...
I was nervous what it is since this is my first time to have this kind of process and from the name Biopsy,(from what I heard is painful) My Aunt recently had her Biopsy and she said that it hurts, so it sends shivers to my spine..I was shaking that time I was so nervous, so the doctor take my arms and he is looking for a site where to perform the biopsy, I was thinking that he would cut my skin with scissors.
When he found that one spot with an allergy, he rubbed it with a dark colored liquid and injected it with something that made my skin grow,(like a balloon when you put an air on it), then he punch something on my arm, a green equipment that looks like a pen to me, when he lifted it, it makes a hole in my arms, so he grabbed a medcal scissor and cut the remaining tissue that is attached to my skin..and it looks like this.

It was not a painful process but it leaves a hole in my arm..so ugly to look at, but it's okay as long as i will be cured.
Anyways I was given 2 weeks before the result and by then I will be given the proper medication...
I will be back then and see what it is that is causing this skin allergies..I am glad that I finally decide to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment